October 28, 2008

Physical Therapy

I went to the ankle doctor today and got some good news! He said that if I didn't have 15 screws in my ankle, it would look completely normal =) This means both surgeries were extemely successful and they mended my ankle so that it is just like a normal one. He does want me to do some physical therapy though. He wrote me a referral for one in Raleigh (he's in Durham) for 1-3 times a week for 4-6 weeks. I'm looking forward to building up my muscles again! I started to excercise again yesterday!!!!! I rode the staitionary bike for 30 minutes!!!! I *love* cardio, and since I can't do aerobics or jog (yet!), the bike is perfect for me. I just do it with no resistance and manually so that I can control how fast I go. I miss my heart beating fast and being out of breath. Plus, I've gained almost 10 pounds since I've been less active. I'm pudgy!!! This pudge won't budge ;-) ..... without some bike time. The doc recommended swimming, but I don't think I'm ready yet. Maybe in a month! I'm afraid I'll kick my ankle or fall on that slick tile. Yes, you may call me ~worst-case-scenerio~ girl. I must take after ~my-daughter-must-be-dead-in-a-ditch~ woman ;-) Or ~you-must-carry-your-mace-at-all-times~ dude. Sometimes it's wise to be wussy.

Side note~ Adam just said that this blog is good for me because it satisfies my need to blab to a large audience!

Sincerely,
Reblaba Smith


No comments: