October 12, 2008

No More Crutches!


I am off of my crutches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official, because I've been leaving the house without them for a few days now =)
I can't tell you how great it feels to be free of them. I'm starting to feel like a really, real person now! I still have to walk with my "moon boot" though. ~But~, I can also now walk *without crutches and without my boot*
down my hallway!!!! This is a bit scary, but it also feels so, so good. My calf is about half the size of my other one...I'm wondering how long it will be until they are the same size.

Today was the first day that I walked in the woods in almost 4 1/2 months =) Even though it was only a short distance, I was able to scramble up woodsy path crutchless! (...with a little assistance from dear hubby!). We also went camping a week or so ago and I was able to put both of my feet into cool lake water... wow. When I'm able to ~really~ hike some trails, it will be such a day!...you might even hear a rumble in the air! No matter how far away you live! Man, oh man. I have been through some obstacles in my very short life ;-)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rebecca the warrioress.


No comments: