September 27, 2008

Spinach Souffle-Phyllo Cups


SPINACH SOUFFLE-PHYLLO CUPS
From Semi-Homemade, Sandra Lee

I saw this episode of Semi-Homemade (Simply Greek), and thought I would try this easy recipe. We love it!
The warm, creamy spinach souffle, feta cheese, and
flaky phyllo dough melts in your mouth
and leaves you wanting more.


5 sheets phyllo dough (near frozen pie crusts)
olive oil cooking spray (I just used regular Pam)
1 package (12 oz.) spinach souffle (I used Stouffers- with the rest of the Stouffers frozen items)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 package (2 oz.) crumbled feta cheese (I used about 3 oz., and I will next time)

Preheat oven to 350. Lay out 1 sheet of phyllo dough. Spray lightly with oil. Repeat with 4 remaining sheets. Cut phyllo sheets into 6 pieces. Fit each section into a muffin cup. Bake for 10 minutes. (Use your remaining phyllo dough for other cups- I put the rest of the feta, some Kalamata olives, and chopped tomatoes in the other 6... or do a desert such as baklava.
Remove plastic cover from spinach souffle and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Divide spinach mixture into baked phyllo cups. Sprinkle feta cheese over spinach mixture. Return to oven for 6 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 6 cups.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Do you think won-ton wrappers would work for these? I'm not real good with Phyllo dough...but these look amazing! Yummy. You are going to make me fat(ter)!

It was cold (?) here two days ago...47F when I woke up in the morning...I have been craving soup...so tonight, we are having a rockin' barley recipe. Of course, it's now 80F! LOL!!! I'll email the recipe to you. I'm mixing it around a little...adding some kale and some smoked sausage. Those are my own ideas so I'm not sure how it will work out.

I agree with your brother...I truly think you would be *completely* happy with your own sewing shop...teaching lessons, selling machines and fabric. You could start it up slowly with just lessons and add inventory as you grow. It's a lost art and someone's got to carry on the torch for the next generations. You'll be fine with the kiddos at the schools...just talk to them as if they are people with brains and you'll be fine. They will respect you more that way.

Soooo happy for you that things are working out!!! Hope your pain becomes more managable soon. Hugs!!!