
How can I manage little kids????
So, as many of you know, I am starting TWO tutoring jobs in the next week or two. One is at a high school (I'm hired through the county), and the other is in an elementary school (through a private company). I had my orientation for the elementary one today. I'll have to admit I'm a bit freaked out by the idea of me being in charge of FIVE K-5th grade kids! I have zero experience with that age (I sorta *am* that age...), and they were talking a lot about behavior issues today. I think I'm way too nice. I want to be every kid's best friend. BFF's all the way. I'm just going to have to ~start~ firm. It's easier to lighten up than tighten up! (that's for you, brother!).
How can I manage all this sewing????
I had my first lesson with Madison, my 10-year-old student. She totally rocks! I love her! She had a blast our first day and absolutely *loves* sewing =) She is a natural. When I told her that I play guitar, sing, and sell on Ebay, I think she thought I was the coolest chick ever ;-) She is making a halter dress and loving it. I also have THREE new students!!! Yikes! I'm amazed by all the interest in this thing. Brother Adam thinks I could have my own sewing business and not even have to work a "real job".......(this is what I've been trying to avoid for 9 years now....).... sshhhhh! One of the women wants to learn zippers, the other elastic and altering patterns, the third is a beginner with a new machine. I'm super excited, but I need to get organized if interest continues to grow! Who wants to be my receptionist? (Mom, you can be my financial adviser).
How can I manage this pain????
Now that I am off prescription pain medicine, I'm having a pretty hard time 1) getting off of the stupid things!, and 2) managing the pain with just Tylenol and Advil. I am super tired all of the time. The 2 hour sewing lessons and all these trainings and orientations have my leg down for a good 3-4 hours at a time... this makes my ankle/foot blue and swollen and throbbing. It's not fun! Why not take stronger medicine? Well, 1) I tried to call my doctor for 5 days straight and they never called back, and 2) It's time to be off of them... it's been almost 4 months!!!! Can you believe it? I'm just struggling because I'm not used to aching constantly and it's just really wearing me out. =(
How can I manage all these recipes?????
On a more positive note, I can't tell you how good it feels to be able to cook again!!!!! I've missed it sooooo much! We are so broke, though, so it's hard to cook what I want. And that is Greek. I'm borderline obsessed with Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. And that's not a bad thing (except for all that feta!). Look for a new (easy and cheap) Greek recipe from me! I have tons of recipes that I want to try, and because all I do is sit on my (slightly larger) butt, I watch tons of Food Network and just end up frustrated when all we have are ramen noodles and vintage pudding mix to create my dish with. I think I'm supposed to be a rich housewife. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment